Couple of things about Finnish Easter…
- Finns rarely like small decorative trinkets. At Easter, we have little chicks, roosters, bunnies and eggs all over the house.
- Finns do not particularly like yellow. At Easter, we decorate everything with yellow.
- Finns rarely eat lamb. At Easter, we eat only lamb.
- Finns now that willow makes you allergic. At Easter, we decorate the house with willow twigs.
- Finns do not let their kids eat sweet things for breakfast. At Easter, children eat chocolate eggs in the morning.
- Finns don’t like cold porridge. Well, nobody likes it. At Easter, we eat mämmi, cold sweet rye porridge with cream and sugar.
For a few days, Finland is suddenly something out of Alice in Wonderland. There is a method in our madness.