Do you often feel like the oddball of a group?
Do you wonder if people really understand you?
Do you have a feeling sometimes that nothing works?
These feelings are all potential symptoms of hidden Finnishness inside you. Subtle cues which your subconciousness is throwing to your mind to wake you up. I know that for some of you, finding out that you are secretly a Finn, will be a shock, even a catastrophe. Your identity will turn upside down for a moment. Your family might have a hard time swallowing this information. They might panic. Luckily, you will respond to panic like Finns do. After a bit of time, it will be okay. In the long run, it is a relief for everybody and a route to a happier err… well, Finnish life.
Make the test below to see if you are a secretly a Finn. Answer only “YES” or “NO” to each question.
HIDDEN FINNISHNESS personality test
- There are bad drivers on the roads always when you are on the go.
- A mobile phone can be used as a safe haven in any social situation.
- You love the fact that sweat pants and sneakers are in fashion.
- Free samples or coffee in a shop make you feel utterly delighted.
- “Soon” means 5 minutes to you, not any longer.
- You are happy in the elevator because there nobody expects you to talk.
- When there is a chance of saving couple of euros, it is no problem for you to change your day plan and drive extra to claim that gain.
- Your level of relaxation correlates with the amount of guzzled shots.
- Your positivity correlates with the amount of sunshine and warmth.
- You feel peaceful and snug when you hear sad, wistful music.
Count your YESses and scroll down..
Six YESses make you a hidden Finn! How many did you score?
Ps. I found these adorable wooden post cards from a company called Come to Finland. They sell beautiful cards and posters through their own website. I have seen these cards also in Sokos-department store chain and the posters in the museum shop of National museum in Helsinki.